The course on Overall Plot Pland and Unit Plot plan has been developed to explain the fundamentals of Piping Engineering in a particular project in detail. The content is organized in a systematic manner so that the first timers can also understand. Course content is based on practical problems and solutions, which is created by experienced professionals with decades of experience in the relevant field.
Please Note: Few courses have been Published on Udemy platform which is learning management system (LMS) and designed for online courses. Click to check the available courses.
The purpose of this article is to give answers to the basic questions about the course which commonly comes into the mind before enrolling to the published courses. So Let’s begin with details and look at various sections of the article.
What you’ll learn in this course?
Following 8 modules have been captured and explained:
All Aspects & Parameters which need to be taken care have been listed and explained
Unit plot plan definitions and Various stages have been discussed.
Various inputs required to start developing the plot plan have been discussed.
Various guidelines required to locate the Column, Furnace and Reactors in any plot plan have been captured.
Various guidelines required to locate the Compressors & Pumps in any plot plan have been captured.
Various guidelines required to locate the Exchangers & air-coolers in any plot plan have been captured.
Various guidelines required to locate the Drums & Pipe rack in any plot plan have been captured.
Various Check points required to finalize plot plan have been captured.
FAQs: Frequently asked Questions
Following questions have been answered in detail in the course:
What is plot plan in piping?
The plot plan is basically an arrangement drawing that shows the equipment and supporting facilities (pipe racks, structures, buildings, roads) that are required for the process facility within a battery limit area, which will be designed for independent operation and shutdown.
What is included in a plot plan?
There are several features included on a plot plan, which includes all the buildings, decks, porches, sheds, pools, and other landscape features, as well as the boundaries of the property.
How do I create a piping layout?
Piping for vertical vessels should be located radially around the vessel on the pipe rack side or should align with adjacent equipment. Leave adequate space for access to platforms, ladders, manways, instruments and drop areas.
What is equipment layout in piping?
Equipment layout is one of the most important deliverables of a piping department. It shows location and placement of all equipment in a particular process or utility area along with various types of access and maintenance areas.
What is the duration of course
Total duration of the course is 1 hour. However, it is recommended to watch the lecture at least thrice, so that the fundamentals covered can be easily grabbed.
Dont Miss Discount Coupons :
Try Applying Month name’s 3 Letters followed by 4 digits of current year. Example: SEP2022, OCT2022, NOV2022 etc
Recommendations to proceed further
- It is highly recommended that watching all the lecture continuously in a single sitting should be avoided.
- Prepare a schedule of 1-2 hours on daily basis.
- Write down the learning in short or in the form of your own notes
- List out the queries or doubts and share at Forums of Engineers Land.
- Join Telegram group and register to keep yourself updated with the latest published content on EPCLand and Engineers Land.
Top Benefits of Piping Engineering course
- Lifetime access once enrolled
- Same lecture can be watched as many times as you want
- Flexibility of time and location
- Readymade notes which can be referred before interviews and working on live projects
- Become part of professional communities on Telegram & Engineers Land.
Prerequisites of this course
- Willingness to learn
- Complete clarity on where you see yourself after 3-5 years
- Awareness of Energy sector (Click here to read about Scope of Piping Engineers)
How to be an expert in piping engineering
Recommended courses (Published on EPCLand):
- Basics of Piping Engineering
- Piping Layout Engineering
- Piping Material Engineering
- Material Requisitions
- Piping Material Specifications
- Piping Stress Analysis
- Complete Course on Piping Engineering
Don’t miss 7 Free courses available for Enrolment
Along with the above mentioned recommend courses, there are 7 free course which available on EPCLand platform. These courses are just published so that the candidates can get use to the interface of EPCLand and get a feel how the lectures are available and organised on this platform. Following are the links to the free courses:
Recommended YouTube Playlists
- 2 minutes FundasSeries: Explains hundreds of Piping Engineering fundamentals in less than 2 minutes
- Piping questions and answers: It talks about various Questions & Answers to understand the engineering fundamentals
- Piping Engineering Interview preparation: This Section talks about the various questions which are generally aske during interviews
- Subscribe YouTube Channel: Highly recommended to subscribe the Oil and Gas Fundas YouTube channel for various updates
To conclude, this article talks about the course details on Overall Plot Pland and Unit Plot plan explaining what is covered and how to approach after Enrollment. Moreover, it explains how to be part of various professional communities related to piping engineering where candidates can join various ongoing discussions and share the queries.