The course on Material of construction for Valves has been developed to explain the fundamentals of Piping Engineering in a particular project in detail. The content is organized in a systematic manner so that the first timers can also understand. Course content is based on practical problems and solutions, which is created by experienced professionals with decades of experience in the relevant field.
Please Note: Few courses have been Published on Udemy platform which is learning management system (LMS) and designed for online courses. Click to check the available courses.
The purpose of this article is to give answers to the basic questions about the course which commonly comes into the mind before enrolling to the published courses. So Let’s begin with details and look at various sections of the article.
What you’ll learn in this course?
Valves are important part of piping systems. They have to be handled very delicately. Material has its own role while finalizing the piping design. Various codes and standards have to be referred. While referring to the ASTM standards, many clauses have to be referred.
1.Division of Materials in four categories
2.Based on forging and casting, the selection of 8 ASTM standards and 20 associated grades
3.Discussion on selected grades & ASTM in details :
•High temperature steel
•Low temperature Steel
FAQs: Frequently asked Questions
Following questions have been answered in detail in the course:
How do you choose valve material?
The control valve user normally specifies the body material, which is often the same material as the pipe.
What is valve size?
The first step in finding the size of a valve is to determine the flow. coefficient (Cv) that is required for the system.
What is Cv in Valves?
Cv factor is defined as. “the number of US, gallons per minute of 60F water that will flow through. a fully open valve with a 1 psi drop across it”.
What is valve in piping?
Valves are mechanical devices that controls the flow and pressure within a system or process.
Why is carbon steel used in valves?
Carbon steel has high and low temperature strength, is very tough and has excellent fatigue strength. Mainly used in gate, globe, and check valves for applications up to 454ºC, and in one-, two-, and three-piece ball valves.
What are PVC valves?
A PVC or polyvinyl chloride ball valve is a plastic on and off valve that has a rotary ball with a bore where turning the ball a quarter turn can stop the flow of a fluid.
What is API standard for valves?
API 6D is the primary standard for valves used in pipeline service, including gate, plug, ball and check valves.
Which are the most commonly used material grades for body and trim of valve?
Monel – Is a nickel-copper alloy used primarily as interior trim on all types of valves.
What is WCB body material?
WCB is a grade of Carbon steel used for valve body . It is a type of ASTM A216 cast steel. WCB is suitable for large diameter valves.
What is the best valve guide material?
Silicone-brass content bronze is probably the most popular now – often with a high aluminium or manganese content – is very yellow/gold in colour
What is the duration of course
Total duration of the course is 1 hour. However, it is recommended to watch the lecture at least thrice, so that the fundamentals covered can be easily grabbed.
Dont Miss Discount Coupons :
Try Applying Month name’s 3 Letters followed by 4 digits of current year. Example: SEP2022, OCT2022, NOV2022 etc
Recommendations to proceed further
- It is highly recommended that watching all the lecture continuously in a single sitting should be avoided.
- Prepare a schedule of 1-2 hours on daily basis.
- Write down the learning in short or in the form of your own notes
- List out the queries or doubts and share at Forums of Engineers Land.
- Join Telegram group and register to keep yourself updated with the latest published content on EPCLand and Engineers Land.
Top Benefits of Piping Engineering course
- Lifetime access once enrolled
- Same lecture can be watched as many times as you want
- Flexibility of time and location
- Readymade notes which can be referred before interviews and working on live projects
- Become part of professional communities on Telegram & Engineers Land.
Prerequisites of this course
- Willingness to learn
- Complete clarity on where you see yourself after 3-5 years
- Awareness of Energy sector (Click here to read about Scope of Piping Engineers)
How to be an expert in piping engineering
Recommended courses (Published on EPCLand):
- Basics of Piping Engineering
- Piping Layout Engineering
- Piping Material Engineering
- Material Requisitions
- Piping Material Specifications
- Piping Stress Analysis
- Complete Course on Piping Engineering
Don’t miss 7 Free courses available for Enrolment
Along with the above mentioned recommend courses, there are 7 free course which available on EPCLand platform. These courses are just published so that the candidates can get use to the interface of EPCLand and get a feel how the lectures are available and organised on this platform. Following are the links to the free courses:
Recommended YouTube Playlists
- 2 minutes FundasSeries: Explains hundreds of Piping Engineering fundamentals in less than 2 minutes
- Piping questions and answers: It talks about various Questions & Answers to understand the engineering fundamentals
- Piping Engineering Interview preparation: This Section talks about the various questions which are generally aske during interviews
- Subscribe YouTube Channel: Highly recommended to subscribe the Oil and Gas Fundas YouTube channel for various updates
To conclude, this article talks about the course details on Material of construction for Valves explaining what is covered and how to approach after Enrollment. Moreover, it explains how to be part of various professional communities related to piping engineering where candidates can join various ongoing discussions and share the queries.