The course on Basic elements of piping Engineering has been developed to explain the fundamentals of Piping components in detail. The content is organized in a systematic manner so that the first timers can also understand. Course content is based on practical problems and solutions, which is created by experienced professionals with decades of experience in the relevant field. Please Note: The course is Published on EPCLand platform which is learning management system (LMS) and designed for online courses.
The purpose of this article is to give answers to the basic questions about the course which commonly comes into the mind before enrolling to the published courses. So Let’s begin with details and look at various sections of the article.
What are you going to learn in this Piping Course
This Piping Design course has been organized into 8 detailed sections. 8 Sections of Piping Engineering course have been categories into 36 Lectures where individual section is explained in an organized way. The complete course can be finished in 4.5 hours.
- What is Piping Engineering:
First section explains the total scope of piping engineering. Major deliverable produced by Piping discipline are listed out along with the various required inputs to produce the same. Typical Organograms of typical EPC organization & piping discipline are shown to understand the working of this sector. It explains the flow of information to and from piping discipline to execute any oil and gas project.
- Oil & Gas Project Life Cycle:
This Section talks about typical project life cycle. Example of Oil and Gas Project is taken to further break-out the phases into stages. Each project stage is explained along with the various deliverable produced at each stage by the stakeholders involved.
- Piping Design Basis:
Design basis is a foundation document of any Project. It briefs all the technical requirements which needs to be followed in a particular project.
- How important is Process interface:
Process is initial point of any project. All the initial documents comes from Process only. In this course all the basis flow of information from and to the process have been captured and explained in a systematic manner.
- What is Pipe & various types:
In Piping industry there are various kind of piping systems which have been covered in this Course in detail. Pipe definition, Pipe schedule, Pipe tracing types (electric, Heat, Steam) are also covered. Plastic pipe types and it benefits along with various applications have also been covered in this course.
- Valve Classifications & Operations:
All type valves (Isolation, regulation, non-return and special types) are explained in a systematic manner. Along with the various valve principals, applications, valve operations in different plant conditions are also captured and explained.
- Flange Types & Details:
Various flange types and its applications have been explained along with the concept of PT rating and flange Standards (ASME 16.5 & ASME 16.47) are detailed in this course. Along with various clauses covered in dimensional standards, difference between Series A & Series B are explained in detail.
- Strainers & Steam Trap Details:
Various types of strainers & steam traps along with its applications have been captured and explained in a organized manner.
Dont forget to leave your feedback / Rating / Area of improvements at the end of course.
What is the duration of course
Total duration of the course is 3.5 hours. However, it is recommended to watch the lecture at least thrice, so that the fundamentals covered can be easily grabbed.
Recommendations to proceed further
- It is highly recommended that watching all the lecture continuously in a single sitting should be avoided.
- Prepare a schedule of 1-2 hours on daily basis.
- Write down the learning in short or in the form of your own notes
- List out the queries or doubts and share at Forums of Engineers Land.
- Join Telegram group and register to keep yourself updated with the latest published content on EPCLand and Engineers Land.
Top Benefits of Piping Engineering course
- Lifetime access once enrolled
- Same lecture can be watched as many times as you want
- Flexibility of time and location
- Readymade notes which can be referred before interviews and working on live projects
- Become part of professional communities on Telegram & Engineers Land.
Prerequisites of this course
- Willingness to learn
- Complete clarity on where you see yourself after 3-5 years
- Awareness of Energy sector (Click here to read about Scope of Piping Engineers)
Don’t miss 7 Free courses available for Enrolment
Along with the above mentioned recommend courses, there are 7 free course which available on EPCLand platform. These courses are just published so that the candidates can get use to the interface of EPCLand and get a feel how the lectures are available and organised on this platform. Following are the links to the free courses:
Recommended YouTube Playlists
- 2 minutes FundasSeries: Explains hundreds of Piping Engineering fundamentals in less than 2 minutes
- Piping questions and answers: It talks about various Questions & Answers to understand the engineering fundamentals
- Piping Engineering Interview preparation: This Section talks about the various questions which are generally aske during interviews
- Subscribe YouTube Channel: Highly recommended to subscribe the Oil and Gas Fundas YouTube channel for various updates
To conclude, this article talks about the course details on Basic Elements of Piping Engineering explaining what is covered and how to approach after Enrollment. Moreover, it explains how to be part of various professional communities related to piping engineering where candidates can join various ongoing discussions and share the queries.