The course on Design Basis & Process interface has been developed to explain the fundamentals of Piping Engineering in a particular project in detail. The content is organized in a systematic manner so that the first timers can also understand. Course content is based on practical problems and solutions, which is created by experienced professionals with decades of experience in the relevant field.
Please Note: Few courses have been Published on Udemy platform which is learning management system (LMS) and designed for online courses. Click to check the available courses.
The purpose of this article is to give answers to the basic questions about the course which commonly comes into the mind before enrolling to the published courses. So Let’s begin with details and look at various sections of the article.
What you’ll learn in this course?
Design basis is basis for design for any project. it has to be developed in the starting of the project. This series talk about design basis and its importance.
In this course all the components of design basis have been covered and explained in detail.
Also, for any project process discipline plays an important role for designing. Along with the design basis, all the process interface inputs, and outputs have been discussed in detail.
All process inputs which are required at the starting of the project eg Fluid list, line list, PIDs and Pfds are discussed in detail.
FAQs: Frequently asked Questions
Following questions have been answered in detail in the course:
What is piping design basis?
Piping design basis provides guidelines for design of Plot plan, Equipment layout, Piping Layout and selection of materials.
How do you make a piping design?
The design process consists of the establishment of the design criteria for the piping system- For a proper piping design, it is essential that the client and the contractor agree on a design basis, process, and mechanical, civil and electrical control and instrumentation.
What is meant by design basis?
Information that identifies the specific functions to be performed by a structure, system, or component of a facility, and the specific values or range of values chosen for controlling parameters as reference bounds of design
What is the purpose of design basis?
Design basis documents the rationale, criteria, principles, assumptions, and constraints used for detailed engineering and the final design product.
Why is pipe design important?
A piping system is crucial to any process plant; hence it needs to be designed with precision and care.
What is ASME B31?
B31 Code for pressure piping, developed by American Society of Mechanical Engineers – ASME, covers Power Piping, Fuel Gas Piping, Process Piping, Pipeline Transportation Systems for Liquid Hydrocarbons and Other Liquids, Refrigeration Piping and Heat Transfer Components and Building Services Piping.
What is the duration of course
Total duration of the course is 1 hour. However, it is recommended to watch the lecture at least thrice, so that the fundamentals covered can be easily grabbed.
Dont Miss Discount Coupons :
Try Applying Month name’s 3 Letters followed by 4 digits of current year. Example: SEP2022, OCT2022, NOV2022 etc
Recommendations to proceed further
- It is highly recommended that watching all the lecture continuously in a single sitting should be avoided.
- Prepare a schedule of 1-2 hours on daily basis.
- Write down the learning in short or in the form of your own notes
- List out the queries or doubts and share at Forums of Engineers Land.
- Join Telegram group and register to keep yourself updated with the latest published content on EPCLand and Engineers Land.
Top Benefits of Piping Engineering course
- Lifetime access once enrolled
- Same lecture can be watched as many times as you want
- Flexibility of time and location
- Readymade notes which can be referred before interviews and working on live projects
- Become part of professional communities on Telegram & Engineers Land.
Prerequisites of this course
- Willingness to learn
- Complete clarity on where you see yourself after 3-5 years
- Awareness of Energy sector (Click here to read about Scope of Piping Engineers)
How to be an expert in piping engineering
Recommended courses (Published on EPCLand):
- Basics of Piping Engineering
- Piping Layout Engineering
- Piping Material Engineering
- Material Requisitions
- Piping Material Specifications
- Piping Stress Analysis
- Complete Course on Piping Engineering
Don’t miss 7 Free courses available for Enrolment
Along with the above mentioned recommend courses, there are 7 free course which available on EPCLand platform. These courses are just published so that the candidates can get use to the interface of EPCLand and get a feel how the lectures are available and organised on this platform. Following are the links to the free courses:
Recommended YouTube Playlists
- 2 minutes FundasSeries: Explains hundreds of Piping Engineering fundamentals in less than 2 minutes
- Piping questions and answers: It talks about various Questions & Answers to understand the engineering fundamentals
- Piping Engineering Interview preparation: This Section talks about the various questions which are generally aske during interviews
- Subscribe YouTube Channel: Highly recommended to subscribe the Oil and Gas Fundas YouTube channel for various updates
To conclude, this article talks about the course details on Design Basis & Process interface explaining what is covered and how to approach after Enrollment. Moreover, it explains how to be part of various professional communities related to piping engineering where candidates can join various ongoing discussions and share the queries.