The course on Tank Piping & Stress Analysis has been developed to explain the fundamentals of Tank Farm piping and associated stress analysis in detail. The content is organized in a systematic manner so that the first timers can also understand. Course content is based on practical problems and solutions, which is created by experienced professionals with decades of experience in the relevant field.
Please Note: Few courses have been Published on Udemy platform which is learning management system (LMS) and designed for online courses. Click to check the available courses.
The purpose of this article is to give answers to the basic questions about the course which commonly comes into the mind before enrolling to the published courses. So Let’s begin with details and look at various sections of the article.
What are you going to Learn in this Course?
Tank Piping & design is one of the important section in piping engineering. Oil & Gas industries have various types of tanks with different applications. All the Piping Engineers must know about the classifications and Types of tanks layouts along with various codes & standard clause.
Moreover, tanks will be storing huge volume of fluid which call for additional safety requirements, Hence various firefighting & NFPA requirements need to be referred and implemented.
What you’ll learn in Tank Piping & Design Course
Tank Layout & Piping
Codes & Standards : Clauses
API Standard Clauses
Classification & Types of Tanks
Dyke Wall Calculations
Firewater & Foam Piping Guidelines
Overview of Tank Farms
Pictorial Views of Various Types of Tanks & Piping
12 major critical aspects related to tank design have been listed out and discussed in details. Various design related clauses from OISD have been captured and Dyke wall calculations are also explained along with various factors involved. All the basic steps have been described step by step so that the calculations can be understood and implemented for any tank farm layout.
Safety aspects related to fire fighting for fixed and floating roof tanks have been discussed in detailed. in the end various types of tanks have been discussed with the help of actual pictures s that the tank farm design can be visualized by piping engineers.
Stress Analysis of Tank Piping:
Various Types of Piping
Tank Settlement & Bulging
Bulging & Settlement w.r.t. Analysis
Actual Modelling in Caesar II
Generating stress reports
Stress Results and Reports
What is the duration of course
Total duration of the course is 2.5 hours. However, it is recommended to watch the lecture at least thrice, so that the fundamentals covered can be easily grabbed.
Dont Miss Discount Coupons :
Try Applying Month name’s 3 Letters followed by 4 digits of current year. Example: SEP2022, OCT2022, NOV2022 etc
Recommendations to proceed further
- It is highly recommended that watching all the lecture continuously in a single sitting should be avoided.
- Prepare a schedule of 1-2 hours on daily basis.
- Write down the learning in short or in the form of your own notes
- List out the queries or doubts and share at Forums of Engineers Land.
- Join Telegram group and register to keep yourself updated with the latest published content on EPCLand and Engineers Land.
Top Benefits of Piping Engineering course
- Lifetime access once enrolled
- Same lecture can be watched as many times as you want
- Flexibility of time and location
- Readymade notes which can be referred before interviews and working on live projects
- Become part of professional communities on Telegram & Engineers Land.
Prerequisites of this course
- Willingness to learn
- Complete clarity on where you see yourself after 3-5 years
- Awareness of Energy sector (Click here to read about Scope of Piping Engineers)
How to be an expert in piping engineering
Recommended courses (Published on EPCLand):
- Basics of Piping Engineering
- Piping Layout Engineering
- Piping Material Engineering
- Material Requisitions
- Piping Material Specifications
- Piping Stress Analysis
- Complete Course on Piping Engineering
Don’t miss 7 Free courses available for Enrolment
Along with the above mentioned recommend courses, there are 7 free course which available on EPCLand platform. These courses are just published so that the candidates can get use to the interface of EPCLand and get a feel how the lectures are available and organised on this platform. Following are the links to the free courses:
Recommended YouTube Playlists
- 2 minutes FundasSeries: Explains hundreds of Piping Engineering fundamentals in less than 2 minutes
- Piping questions and answers: It talks about various Questions & Answers to understand the engineering fundamentals
- Piping Engineering Interview preparation: This Section talks about the various questions which are generally aske during interviews
- Subscribe YouTube Channel: Highly recommended to subscribe the Oil and Gas Fundas YouTube channel for various updates
To conclude, this article talks about the course details on Tank Piping and Stress Analysis explaining what is covered and how to approach after Enrollment. Moreover, it explains how to be part of various professional communities related to piping engineering where candidates can join various ongoing discussions and share the queries.