The course on Reinforcement Pad Calculations has been developed to explain the fundamentals of Piping Metallurgy & Testing in detail. The content is organized in a systematic manner so that the first timers can also understand. Course content is based on practical problems and solutions, which is created by experienced professionals with decades of experience in the relevant field. Please Note: The course is Published on EPCLand platform which is learning management system (LMS) and designed for online courses.
The purpose of this article is to give answers to the basic questions about the course which commonly comes into the mind before enrolling to the published courses. So Let’s begin with details and look at various sections of the article.
Reinforcing Pad or RePAD or RF Pad is a donut-shaped pad that goes around the branch of a branch joint to add strength to the joint. It resembles a round metal washer that has been bent to conform to the curvature of the pipe. With the increase in pipe size, the cost of branch connection fittings increases.
R-pads are also known as reinforcing pads. These are doughnut-shaped supports that wrap around the base of your branch joint. Essentially, when you weld a perpendicular branch, sometimes called a stub-in, onto your main pipe, r-pads add a layer of strength.
On most vessels, it is provided on the outside of the vessel. In some vessels, the reinforcement appears inside, while in others both inside and outside regions are reinforced. On many vessels, however, the arrangement is such that no reinforcement can be placed on the inside because of interfering components. The Nozzle, in general, projects from the pressure vessel’s surface and ends with a means of joining (flanged or welded) piping or equipment.
Pipeline reinforcement services are performed to increase the pipe wall thickness of non-through hole pipe defects. The purpose is to increase the pipe wall thickness and therefore increase the pipe strength to meet its operating requirements.
Content Covered in this course are following:
- Various Parameters
- Actual Calculation
What is the duration of course
Total duration of the course is 1 hour. However, it is recommended to watch the lecture at least thrice, so that the fundamentals covered can be easily grabbed.
Recommendations to proceed further
- It is highly recommended that watching all the lecture continuously in a single sitting should be avoided.
- Prepare a schedule of 1-2 hours on daily basis.
- Write down the learning in short or in the form of your own notes
- List out the queries or doubts and share at Forums of Engineers Land.
- Join Telegram group and register to keep yourself updated with the latest published content on EPCLand and Engineers Land.
Top Benefits of Piping Engineering course
- Lifetime access once enrolled
- Same lecture can be watched as many times as you want
- Flexibility of time and location
- Readymade notes which can be referred before interviews and working on live projects
- Become part of professional communities on Telegram & Engineers Land.
Prerequisites of this course
- Willingness to learn
- Complete clarity on where you see yourself after 3-5 years
- Awareness of Energy sector (Click here to read about Scope of Piping Engineers)
Don’t miss 7 Free courses available for Enrolment
Along with the above mentioned recommend courses, there are 7 free course which available on EPCLand platform. These courses are just published so that the candidates can get use to the interface of EPCLand and get a feel how the lectures are available and organised on this platform. Following are the links to the free courses:
Recommended YouTube Playlists
- 2 minutes FundasSeries: Explains hundreds of Piping Engineering fundamentals in less than 2 minutes
- Piping questions and answers: It talks about various Questions & Answers to understand the engineering fundamentals
- Piping Engineering Interview preparation: This Section talks about the various questions which are generally aske during interviews
- Subscribe YouTube Channel: Highly recommended to subscribe the Oil and Gas Fundas YouTube channel for various updates
To conclude, this article talks about the course details on Reinforcement Pad Calculations for Pipe Branch – EPCLand explaining what is covered and how to approach after Enrollment. Moreover, it explains how to be part of various professional communities related to piping engineering where candidates can join various ongoing discussions and share the queries.