Table of Contents
The course on All About Flanges has been developed to explain the fundamentals of Piping Engineering in a particular project in detail. The content is organized in a systematic manner so that the first timers can also understand. Course content is based on practical problems and solutions, which is created by experienced professionals with decades of experience in the relevant field.
Please Note: Few courses have been Published on Udemy platform which is learning management system (LMS) and designed for online courses. Click to check the available courses.
The purpose of this article is to give answers to the basic questions about the course which commonly comes into the mind before enrolling to the published courses. So Let’s begin with details and look at various sections of the article.
What you’ll learn in this course?
Flanges are integral part of any piping system.
What is Flange
•Slip on Flange
•Socket welded Flange
•Lap Joint Flange
•Weld Neck Flange
Pressure Temperature rating (PT Rating)
•Pressure Temperature Rating : Definitions
•Pressure Temperature Rating : Understanding with an Example of A-105
•Pressure Temperature Rating : Understanding Flanges
ASME B16.5 vs ASME B16.47
Comparison between Series A & Series B for ASME B16.47
FAQs: Frequently asked Questions
Following questions have been answered in detail in the course:
What is a pipe flange?
What is a Pipe Flange? A pipe flange connects piping and components in a piping system by use of bolted connections and gaskets
Where are pipe flanges used?
The main use of flange is to connect pumps, pipes, valves, and other equipment to make a pipework system. Usually, flanges are threaded or welded, and you can connect two flanges by bolting them with gaskets and providing a seal that gives easy access to the piping system.
What are the types of flange?
Different Types of Flanges and Their Uses
- Weld Neck Flanges.
- Slip-on Flanges.
- Threaded Flanges.
- Blind Flanges.
- Socket Weld Flanges.
- Orifice Flanges.
What is the function of flange?
Flanges are used to connect pipes with each other, to valves, to fittings, and to specialty items such as strainers and pressure vessels.
How many types of flanges in piping?
Pipe flanges can be divided into eight types based on design. These types are blind, lap joint, orifice, reducing, slip-on, socket-weld, threaded, and weld neck.
What is a steel flange?
A steel flange is a forged or cast plate-like device. These can be used to strengthen and connect columns, beams or pipes
What are the advantages of a flange?
Flanges Provide Easy Maintenance
What is a slip on flange?
Slip on Flange is essentially a ring that is placed over the pipe end, with the flange face extending from the end of the pipe by enough distance to apply a weld bead on the inside diameter
What is a blind flange?
The blind flange is basically a flange that does not have a hub or a bored center.
What is RF in piping?
The Raised Face flange is the most common type used in process plant applications, and is easily to identify. It is referred to as a raised face because the gasket surfaces are raised above the bolting circle face.
What is the duration of course
Total duration of the course is 1 hour. However, it is recommended to watch the lecture at least thrice, so that the fundamentals covered can be easily grabbed.
Dont Miss Discount Coupons :
Try Applying Month name’s 3 Letters followed by 4 digits of current year. Example: SEP2022, OCT2022, NOV2022 etc
Recommendations to proceed further
- It is highly recommended that watching all the lecture continuously in a single sitting should be avoided.
- Prepare a schedule of 1-2 hours on daily basis.
- Write down the learning in short or in the form of your own notes
- List out the queries or doubts and share at Forums of Engineers Land.
- Join Telegram group and register to keep yourself updated with the latest published content on EPCLand and Engineers Land.
Top Benefits of Piping Engineering course
- Lifetime access once enrolled
- Same lecture can be watched as many times as you want
- Flexibility of time and location
- Readymade notes which can be referred before interviews and working on live projects
- Become part of professional communities on Telegram & Engineers Land.
Prerequisites of this course
- Willingness to learn
- Complete clarity on where you see yourself after 3-5 years
- Awareness of Energy sector (Click here to read about Scope of Piping Engineers)
How to be an expert in piping engineering
Recommended courses (Published on EPCLand):
- Basics of Piping Engineering
- Piping Layout Engineering
- Piping Material Engineering
- Material Requisitions
- Piping Material Specifications
- Piping Stress Analysis
- Complete Course on Piping Engineering
Don’t miss 7 Free courses available for Enrolment
Along with the above mentioned recommend courses, there are 7 free course which available on EPCLand platform. These courses are just published so that the candidates can get use to the interface of EPCLand and get a feel how the lectures are available and organised on this platform. Following are the links to the free courses:
Recommended YouTube Playlists
- 2 minutes FundasSeries: Explains hundreds of Piping Engineering fundamentals in less than 2 minutes
- Piping questions and answers: It talks about various Questions & Answers to understand the engineering fundamentals
- Piping Engineering Interview preparation: This Section talks about the various questions which are generally aske during interviews
- Subscribe YouTube Channel: Highly recommended to subscribe the Oil and Gas Fundas YouTube channel for various updates
To conclude, this article talks about the course details on All About Flanges explaining what is covered and how to approach after Enrollment. Moreover, it explains how to be part of various professional communities related to piping engineering where candidates can join various ongoing discussions and share the queries.