. The course is designed to provide a solid foundation and practical knowledge required for professionals in the industry.
- Introduction to Codes & Standards: Participants will be introduced to the wide array of codes and standards that govern the design, fabrication, testing, and maintenance of piping systems and valves. Understanding the significance and structure of these codes is crucial for compliance and ensuring the safety and reliability of the systems.
- Difference between ASME 31.1 & 31.3: A detailed comparison and analysis of ASME B31.1 and ASME B31.3 standards will be presented. This will include an examination of their scope, applications, and the specific requirements they impose on the design, materials, and construction of piping systems.
- Dimensional Standards: ASME 36.10: Participants will delve into ASME 36.10, focusing on dimensional standards for specific materials used in piping. Understanding these standards is vital for ensuring precise measurements and compatibility in the manufacturing and installation of components.
- Valve Design: API 600: An in-depth exploration of API 600 standard will be conducted, focusing on design requirements for gate valves. Participants will gain insights into key parameters and specifications essential for the design and performance of these valves.
- Valve Design: API 6D: The course will cover API 6D, providing participants with a comprehensive understanding of the design aspects related to pipeline valves. This includes specifications for materials, design verification, testing, inspection, and documentation.
- API 16.5 and ASME 16.47: Participants will learn about ASME 16.5 and ASME 16.47 standards, which detail requirements for flanges, flanged fittings, and valves. Understanding these standards is crucial for proper selection, design, and installation of flanged connections and components.
- API 598: API 598 standard, governing the testing of valves, will be thoroughly examined. Participants will understand the various testing procedures and acceptance criteria for different types of valves.
By the end of this course, participants will have a strong grasp of these critical codes and standards, empowering them to make informed decisions, ensure compliance, and contribute effectively to the successful design, installation, and maintenance of piping systems and valves within the industry.
Introduction to Codes & Standards
Introduction to Codes & Standards06:32
Difference b/w ASME 31.1 & 31.317:26
Dimensional Std: ASME 36.1012:00
Valve Design : API 60039:54
Valve Design: API6D21:02