Design basis is basis for design for any project. it has to be developed in the starting of the project. This series talk about design basis and its importance. All the components have been covered and explained in detail. For any project process discipline plays an important role for designing. Along with the design basis, all the process interface inputs and outputs have been discussed in detail. all process inputs which are required at the starting of the project eg Fluid list, line list, PIDs and Pfds are discussed in detail.
The “Piping Design Basis” course is designed to provide participants with a comprehensive understanding of the fundamental principles, methodologies, and considerations involved in creating a solid foundation for designing piping systems in various industrial settings. This course delves into the essential aspects of piping design, ensuring that participants gain the knowledge required to develop safe, efficient, and cost-effective piping systems that meet industry standards and regulatory requirements.
Course Objectives: By the end of this course, participants will:
- Understand Piping Fundamentals: Gain a strong grasp of the fundamental concepts, terminology, and components related to piping systems, including pipe types, fittings, valves, and supports.
- Learn Piping Codes and Standards: Familiarize themselves with industry codes and standards such as ASME B31.1, ASME B31.3, and others, which provide guidelines for designing, fabricating, and operating piping systems.
- Comprehend Piping Materials: Learn about the selection and compatibility of piping materials based on factors such as fluid properties, temperature, pressure, and corrosion resistance.
- Master Piping Design Process: Explore the step-by-step process of designing a piping system, from conceptualization and layout to detailed design, stress analysis, and final documentation.
- Conduct Pipe Sizing and Pressure Drop Calculations: Develop skills in calculating pipe sizes, determining flow rates, and evaluating pressure drops to ensure optimal system performance.
- Address Piping Flexibility and Stress Analysis: Understand the importance of pipe flexibility to accommodate thermal expansion, contraction, and vibration, and learn how to perform stress analysis using software tools.
- Study Piping Supports and Anchors: Explore various types of piping supports, restraints, and anchors to maintain stability and prevent undue stress on the system.
- Consider Safety and Environmental Factors: Learn about safety considerations, leak prevention, and environmental protection measures in piping design.
- Review Case Studies and Real-World Applications: Analyze real-world examples and case studies of piping design challenges, solutions, and lessons learned.
- Collaborate and Communicate Effectively: Develop communication skills to interact with multidisciplinary teams, including engineers, drafters, and project managers, to ensure seamless project execution.
- Understand Equipment Layout and Piping Arrangement: Learn how to integrate piping systems with equipment layout, considering factors such as accessibility, maintenance, and operational efficiency.
- Create Detailed Piping Drawings and Documentation: Gain insights into producing accurate and detailed piping drawings, isometric sketches, and other essential documentation for fabrication and installation.
What Will You Learn?
- What is Design basis and what are the various Components covered in it?
- How to develop the design basis?
Design Basis: Piping Engineering
Process interaction with Piping14:06
Design Basis: Topics covered03:29
Design Basis: Definitions & Importance03:44
Design Basis: Critical Items04:42
Design Basis: Design Philosophy08:31
Design Basis: Various Requirements10:25