Following five Modules have been discussed :
1. Column functioning (along with all associated items)
2. Column Layout aspects
3. Column Nozzle orientation
4. Platform and ladder requirements
5. Operational and maintenance aspects
All layout requirements & nozzle orientation requirements have been take care and explained. Each and every nozzle requirement and its orientation possibilities have been explained.
The “Column Piping and Layout Design” course is designed to provide participants with comprehensive knowledge and practical skills in designing efficient and effective piping layouts for columns in industrial settings. Participants will explore the key considerations, best practices, and industry standards involved in planning, designing, and optimizing piping systems that are connected to columns, ensuring safe and seamless operation in various process industries.
Course Objectives: By the end of this course, participants will:
- Understand Column Piping Basics: Develop a strong foundation in understanding the function, types, and components of columns used in industrial processes, along with their connection to piping systems.
- Learn Piping Codes and Standards: Familiarize themselves with relevant piping codes and standards (such as ASME B31.3) that govern the design, fabrication, and operation of piping systems connected to columns.
- Comprehend Column Process Considerations: Gain insights into the processes carried out within columns, including separation, distillation, absorption, and reaction, to design piping systems that effectively support these processes.
- Master Piping Layout Development: Learn how to develop efficient and logical piping layouts that consider factors such as process flow, accessibility, maintenance, safety, and equipment integration.
- Address Piping Flexibility and Stress Analysis: Understand the importance of accommodating thermal expansion, contraction, and vibration in column piping systems, and learn how to conduct stress analysis for reliable design.
- Optimize Pipe Sizing and Pressure Drop: Develop skills in sizing pipes to ensure proper flow rates, pressure drops, and optimal system performance, considering the specific requirements of column operations.
- Integrate Equipment and Instruments: Learn how to effectively integrate instruments, valves, pumps, and other equipment into the column piping layout, ensuring smooth operation and accurate process control.
Course Format: The course will be delivered through a combination of lectures, interactive discussions, hands-on workshops, case studies, and practical exercises. Participants will have the opportunity to work with piping design software and simulation tools commonly used in the industry. Guest lectures by experienced professionals will provide practical insights and real-world perspectives.
Target Audience: This course is suitable for process engineers, piping designers, mechanical engineers, and professionals involved in the design, construction, and operation of industrial processes that utilize columns and associated piping systems.
Prerequisites: Participants should have a solid understanding of engineering principles, particularly in piping design and industrial processes. Familiarity with piping codes and standards is beneficial but not mandatory.
What Will You Learn?
- Column Piping and Layouts
- Distillation column working along with Piping, Nozzle orientation and Layout aspects shall be discussed
Column Piping and layouts
Columns Layout & Piping: Topics Covered03:58
Columns Layout & Piping: Part-131:05
Columns Layout & Piping: Part-215:03
Columns Layout & Piping: Part-307:52